Get Started with Skype
Skype is a free to download and easy to use software that bridges communication gap among people. Skype is used by millions around the world to make free video and voice calls, send instant messages and share files.
Have you used Skype before? If not, this How To will help you get started.
- Headset with microphone and speakers
- Computer with high-speed broadband connection
- If using Windows, a DirectX 9.0c compatible video card
- Download and install Skype
Start creating your account once you’ve got everything set up.
- On the Skype website, click Sign In and go to Create an account
- Enter your name and email address
- Provide your profile information so that your friends can easily find you.
- Enter a Skype name. Your friends will use this name to contact you on Skype. Create your password. Passwords are case sensitive, must be between 6 to 20 characters including at least one letter and one number.
- To verify if you are a real person and not a robot, enter the security words displayed in the box.
Now, you are all set to make your first call. Don’t forget to set up your webcam, headphones, speaker and check the sound.
Try recording your video calls using a Skype video recorder like SuperTinTin. It lets you play your videos all over and over again.
Get as many contacts to talk to now that you can Skype. Search all your friends and relatives on Skype and talk to them now!